COMPANY DESCRIPTION IN 100 WORDS OR LESS
WHO reports that smoke from cooking fires kills over 1.6 million people every year. In rural areas, women spend an average of 20 hours per week collecting wood and spend up to 40% of their income on fuel. While accommodating traditional cooking techniques, recipes, and fuel, Prakti stoves cut fuel use in half and reduce the smoke emitted by 70%.
After working full time on stoves for 8 years in 15 countries, Prakti has the key to be the first enterprise to unlock the global stove market. Visit company website
- 250,000 people in the world eat their meals each day cooked on Prakti stoves.
- Distribution in 4 countries and on 3 continents.
- Their stoves have been judged best-in-class by individual users and organizations such as UN-OCHA, USAID, Berkeley Labs, and Paradigm Project.
- In Haiti, distributed 2,200 charcoal stoves in refugee camps.
- In Darfur, Sudan, sold 168 institutional stoves capable of feeding 84,000 children per meal.
- In India and Nepal, more than 5,000 double-pot stoves have been distributed.
VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL