COMPANY DESCRIPTION IN 100 WORDS OR LESS
While all studies agree that teachers are the most important component of any education system, we are facing a global shortage of 8 million teachers. The only way to truly democratize education is to democratize access to quality teachers. Train a teacher and you will transform the lives of hundreds of students. This belief has led Guru-G to create a gamified teaching, teacher training & open certification platform. At the heart of the solution is a simple and powerful pedagogy that is embedded within an engaging environment that enables easy and intuitive adoption by teachers, schools, and governments. Visit company website
- Commercial adoption of their teacher solutions by schools across 10 states in India.
- Partnerships with foundations & companies that directly support over 3,000 schools and reach over 2.5 million students.
- Helped several education companies build their K-12 products/business (including one of India’s top classroom technologies company & India’s largest assessment company).
- Talks/Demos at TEDxMcGill, EDGEx, Borderless World, Bangalore IT.biz.
- Launch slot for Guru-G at SGSC-2012 Conference in Singapore.
- Featured in major national newspapers (Indian Express, Economic Times), MSN India homepage, EduTech & many more.
- Other recognition: Star Young Entrepreneur Award-2011, featured in “Making India Proud” book by Intel, Sauvé Scholars Fellowship 2010, Student Award @SBP09 Conference (Phoenix), Global Student Entrepreneur Award – India, Winners of Bplan contests & incubation offers from IITB, BITS Pilani, IIMA, IIMB.
VIDEO THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL